Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Be brave

This has been a very long summer. We moved out of our house in Massachusetts at the end of June. For seven weeks the boys and I shuttled back-and-forth between my in-laws in New York and my parents in MA. Many days were spent outside playing at the beach, at pools and at playgrounds. We had a lot of fun and are grateful that we got to spend so much time with our family and friends before the official move to NJ. 

Two weeks ago we finally moved into the new house. It's a very strange feeling to be in a new house in a new state surrounded by new people. We're fortunate that we've met a few people and everyone's been so friendly and welcoming but most of our days are spent just me and the boys trying to find ways to keep busy. I know it won't be like this forever but for now it feels very lonely.  

So I'm really looking forward to school starting next week.  I'm excited for Nathan to make new friends and I know he'll love kindergarten but that first day ties my stomach into knots.  I am dreading the moment that Will and I have to bring him to school and drop him off knowing that he doesn't know anybody. 

I went out the other night to pick him up some new clothes for school and I saw this shirt. Be Brave. Adventure Awaits. I almost burst into tears. I don't know if this message was meant for Nathan or for me but I needed to hear it. 

I know he will love school. I know he will make friends. I know this place will start to feel like home soon. Until then, we just have to be brave. Our new adventure is about to begin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment