Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chatterbox

For the past few months I had been worried that Ryan wasn't talking. I have videos of Nathan reciting his alphabet and counting to 10 at this age but other than Mama and Dada, Ryan wasn't saying much at all and even those two words were few and far between. I wouldn't be concerned except he seemed so frustrated, sometimes even angry, that nobody could understand what he was saying. He has been babbling for a long time, the problem was that nobody knew what he was trying to actually say. And since nobody could understand him when he babbled, he started hitting and scratching to get his point across. And that's just not fun for anyone.

But in just the past couple of weeks, he has started saying so much more. He is a different kid now, happier and more carefree and now I can't get him to stop talking! At night when I put him to bed, I can often hear him upstairs for up to an hour, "talking" to himself in his crib.

This blog serves as a baby book for me so occasionally I like to list "stats" that I don't want to forget. So, at two days shy of being 20 months old, I've compiled a list of his current vocabulary.

Waffle
Apple
Thank you
All done
More
Eat
Help
Doggy
Woof woof
Ducky
Quack quack
No
Up
Mama
Dada
Nana
Papa
Nai Nai (Grandmother in Mandarin)
Ye Ye (Grandfather in Mandarin)
Ge Ge (Big Brother in Mandarin)
Choo choo
Book

And a few that aren't quite there yet but so damn cute I had to list them...
G-fish - goldfish crackers
Beesh - toothbrush
Tuck - truck





No comments:

Post a Comment